NABCEP Call for comments [RE-wrenches]

Don Loweburg, Offline i2p at aol.com
Fri Oct 25 11:00:48 PDT 2002

Wrenches, Just some follow up to the great discussion here.

I think its understood, but I want to make the point again, that Nabcep
certification is voluntary and is not the same as licensing (whether
contractor or other). It will serve as a measure of some PV experience and
knowledge. This should be percieved as an advantage and desireable to most
good PV shops that wish to distinguish themselves from the know nothings. The
access requirments should be varied enough for anyone qualified be able to
take the test. You should know that it was a significant struggle to develop
the access menu we now present (please read it). The tension as you can guess
was between tough --easy. I tended towards easy, not to dis the very real
issues of the tough crowd but in order to make it very clear that NACEP is
not about creating barriers to PV work.

Hopefully wrenches have checked out the task analysis done by Bill B and
others. Here lies the substance of the program. The task anyalysis sets a
good foundation for what knowledge the test will look for.

Best, Don Loweburg

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm