Favorite inverter? [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Oct 22 10:52:01 PDT 2002

Joel,

Off-grid fav (currently) is the 4048 Trace (Oops!, make that Xanthrax... In
spite of their susceptibility to moisture, insect and rodent damage, noisy
operation when charging from an outside AC source, difficult AC connections,
high weight, too-small mounting holes, hard wired relays, poor field
serviceability, two year warranty and slow repair turn-around times and not
the worlds greatest wave form, they do work well.
Line-tie battery based system, out of lack of choices, has to be the same.
However.... with Outback looming on the horizon, I suspect that both the
above choices will subject to change. :-)

Matt