Favorite inverter? [RE-wrenches]

Lawrence Elliott larry at energyoutfitters.com
Tue Oct 22 00:22:08 PDT 2002

Joel.
I would be willing to bet the farm on Outback holding this favorite slot
in the near future.
At this time it is the SW for me for both applications.

After attending the tech training last week in Grants Pass I would think
that the Energyoutfitters/Outback combination is poised to do great
things in all aspects of hardware for the RE industry.

I would at least have given my favorite cow including her calf and
possibly my first born (Not!!!) to walk away with the new MX60
controller in my hands.
Now it is time for everyone else to try and catch up with those "mates"
at Outback.

> I am satisfied with my line-tie 1998 SW4048 with its 1999 IEEE U16
chip.
> Most of my engineer customers with line-tie PV systems are less than
> happy with the more recent SW4048 and required GTI.
> Two questions:
> 1. What is your favorite line-tie battery inverter? Why?
> 2. What is your favorite whole-house off-grid inverter? Why?
> I'll compile your answers and comments and post them in 2 weeks)

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com