Santa Cruz fire [was Power Plant Liability Insurance] [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Oct 2 11:32:30 PDT 2002

    I would think that we Wrenches would collectively benefit from knowing
the specific system failure that started the fire, if it is indeed the
cause. Was the system professionally installed? Was it code-compliant and
inspected? I would suspect substandard or unsafe installation, and we may
want to know this, to nip in the bud any attempts to label PV systems as
inherently unsafe.
    Are there any Wrenches in the Can o' Screws* --er, Santa Cruz-- area
that could follow up on this?

Allan at Positive Energy
*I claim the right to call it by that endearing name because I entered
adulthood--or rather, avoided entering adulthood--there from 1972-'77,
before it got expensive.