Lost revenue?? Surely you jest [RE-wrenches]

David Blecker blecker at earthsys.org
Wed Oct 2 07:36:56 PDT 2002

Folks,

I hope this is an appropriate question for the group.

I'm working on an interconnection agreement with a utility.  They are cooperating but they keep repeating the stone-age mantra that each RE system translates into lost revenue and that the other ratepayers wind up subsidizing the RE system owner.  Further, they claim that if too many people add RE systems, it will mean higher rates for everyone since there will be less kWh sales with which to recover fixed costs.

Have you encountered similar arguments?  If so, have you found any solid arguments in response?

David

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm