Hypalon Cable [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters remotech at taosnm.com
Mon Jul 22 22:15:18 PDT 2002

At 07:30 AM 7/19/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Wrenches:
>
>Forgive my ignorance, perhaps I am missing something here.
>Why not just use the Cobraflex cable that is already UL Listed ?
>Same stuff we used to use at Pulse and Trace for battery / inverter
>cables.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>John Berdner

Hi John;

I cut apart one of Trace's overpriced inverter cables: The crimped lugs
were NOT UL listed. What you may be missing is that we can only be pushed
so far before we draw a line in the sand and hold it. As mundane as the
battery cable issue may seem, it is our line, our point at which the NEC
has become unreasonable. Making me use a cable that I can't buy anywhere in
my state, when apparently non UL listed lugs and non UL listed batteries
are OK is capricious.

Ray

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com