Hypalon Cable [RE-wrenches]

Frank Fowler, Crystal Pines Alt. Energy cpae1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 23 16:05:56 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/23/2002 12:57:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ehroy at solar-works.com writes:

> From my perspective, the energy it took to generate the steam in this
> discussion was a helluva lot more expensive than the cost differential
> between the two types of cable!

But the issue is to get cable that is tough enough to withstand the
environmental conditions that exist in a battery installation that the NEC,
NFPA, CIA, FBI, and all other related agencies will accept for code
compliant, and safe installs. Does the NEC test them like was done in the
Homepower article, or do they just say it is designed for welding, and
nothing else?
SUNcerely,
Frank Fowler
Crystal Pines Alternative Energy
4408 Pine Cluster Ln. Yankee Hill, CA. 95965
Tel: 530-532-1972
Fax: 530-532-1359
www.solarenergy-alt.com
"Living with the products we market, install, & service"

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

This email was sent to: michael.welch at homepower.com