UV resistant cables and quick connects warranties [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters remotech at taosnm.com
Sat Jul 6 14:31:32 PDT 2002

  I am wondering if there is some sort of spray or
>compound that could be field applied to MC's to either prevent or
>postpone corrosion?

>Graham

Hi Guys;

For over 20 years, Entech has used a quick connect of a different brand
that uses #4 and #6 wire. They DID have corrosion problems until they
coated the contacts before assembly with (you guessed it) Vaseline.
Corrosion dropped to almost nil and they had no other problems with the
connector. It was of a twistlock design, so I would check with the
manufacturer of MC connectors first: the Vaseline may act as a lubricant
causing the connectors to come up apart in those high winds.

Ray

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm