"suspending a solar-energy tax credit" [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 25 18:03:52 PDT 2002

"Don Loweburg, Offline" wrote:

> In a message dated 06/24/2002 9:00:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> joeldavidson at earthlink.net writes:
>
> Did you write your letter? (I know you did). I  did and told him that I was
> voting Green next time if he did axe the credit.

Hi Don, Here's my letter, fax and email. I vote "green" all the time.

June 25, 2002

The Honorable Gray Davis
Governor’s Office
State Capitol
Sacramento, CA 95814
Via fax: 916-445-4633

RE: Solar Tax Credit SB17x2 SUPPORT

Dear Governor Davis:

Thank you very much for signing into law the Solar and Wind Energy
System Tax
Credit (SB17x2) on October 9, 2001. Please do not suspend this important
incentive when it is just starting to encourage people to buy solar and
wind
power systems.

Suspending the tax credit will not bring in more taxes. In fact,
suspending the
tax credit will have a negative effect because people will not buy solar
and
wind energy systems and California renewable energy businesses will
suffer
which will result in less tax collections.

Spectrum Solar, Inc. was started this year to produce solar modules in
Los
Angeles. We plan to hire over 65 unemployed and under-employed inner
city
workers. If given the opportunity, these people will work and will pay
more
state taxes.

Please do not suspend the solar tax credit. Instead, tell voters that
you
support the use of solar power. Tell voters your commitment for more
renewable
energy and more jobs in California. Tell voters to buy California-made
solar
and wind power systems because it is good for the environment and good
for the
State’s economy.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Joel Davidson
President & CEO
Spectrum Solar, Inc.
P. O. Box 5089
Culver City, CA 90231

cc: Kathryn Lynch, Legislative Advocate Fax: 916-443-7353

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com