Fw: Need a Deep Well Pump Solution [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters remotech at taosnm.com
Mon Jun 3 19:22:51 PDT 2002

Hi Guys;

The Solamotor is actually hard to meter because the amp draw varies with
each stroke. At a lift of 335 to 350 ft and a flow rate of around 1/2 gpm,
I've measured amp draw varying consistently from 6 amps to about 9 amps.
This is at an also varying voltage of 24 to 25 volts. High amps low volts
and vice versa. I'd say watts are between 175 and 200 watts. I've been
trying to get one of Brand electronics' new DC watt meters to get a better
handle on the power draw.
For battery systems, I like breaking down water pumping to watthr/gal. too
Allan. I'd say the actual # for the Solamotor is closer to 6 w-hr/gal..
Like I said in my original post its not as efficient as the Sunrise. The
other pumps (Grundfos SQ Flex & Dankoff ETA) are sounding good, but I've
never tried them. However, I had all kinds of trouble with Grundfos Solar
pumps before. (the SA1500 model) Out of 10 installed, we had problems with
8 of them, resulting in years of constant callbacks. I also serviced
several Mono hand pumps, which used the same pumping mechanism as the ETA.
The pump itself was reliable, but the shaft drive system was problematic.
 As much trouble as I've seen with Solar water pumping, I still love it.
Here's why:
1.Its still experimental with no one concept or brand being the clear
winner and
2. Water is second only to air in importance to human survival. If we as
wrenches can work the bugs out of solar water pumping, the whole world will
benefit.

Ray

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm