Fw: Need a Deep Well Pump Solution [RE-wrenches]

Brad Bassett bsbassett at earthlink.net
Fri May 31 20:26:56 PDT 2002

Allan,

The SQFlex pump only needs 2 conductors and a ground down the well. The
low water sensor is built into the lead on the pump and is wired to the
pump where it does it's thing.

I will get you watthours per gallon for generator and solar direct next
week.

It sounds like some of the solutions to run off a battery might cost
more than a solar direct system with it's own array, especially when you
consider the labor and troubleshooting involved.

In general I do not recommend using flexible hose for well pumps. They
are generally made with vinyl or rubber, both of which can leach various
hydrocarbons into the water, and so are rarely rated for potable water
(Even if vinyl hose is rated, do you trust the raters on this issue,
also I consider it an environmentally undesireable material). Also, it's
sometimes hard to find hose rated for the pressures you're talking about
at that depth.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Brad

Allan Sindelar wrote:

> Option 1: Grundfos SQ-Flex, set at 350-390',

4. Requires 2 conductors plus dry run
> sense plus ground, so means replacing existing pump cable and in-ground
> conductors. 5. Least efficient in watthours/gallon pumped of the three,
> although I lack numbers (if it was array-direct, I am quoted 267 gpd
> using
> 172W of PV).

Brad Bassett
Schott Applied Power