Non wrenches [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Sun May 26 19:28:12 PDT 2002

Random feedback.
1) UL's near monopoly in the U.S. is both an institutional barrier and a
facilitator to widespread PV growth.
2) American wrenches have a lot of  off-grid PV system design experience, but
check out the multitude of roof mount options in Photon magazine ads (German).
3) Some of the best novice PV installers are licensed electricians with
experience in custom home and light commercial wiring.
4) The electricians I hired to install 100 4 kW PV systems for a SMUD contract
knew a lot more about installing PV systems after they completed the project. I
hired them because they already had experience installing 100 systems for
Siemens on an earlier SMUD contract. Toward the end of the project, the 6-man
installation team could install two 4 kW systems a day - that were almost 20
miles from each other and the assembly warehouse.
5) Los Angeles Department of Water & Power and the City of L.A. has a goal of
100,000 PV systems (100 MW) by 2010. That's more than 1,000 systems a month if
we start now. Hopefully, the IBEW will end the PV lockdown in L.A. so we can get
to work and go for the goal.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com