battery disconnect [RE-wrenches]

Ryan Mayfield ryan at energyoutfitters.com
Fri May 24 16:04:06 PDT 2002

Jeff,

One thought is to use the OutBack battery box (PSR) with the adapter plate
to mount the AEI inverter on the side. The PSR has a spot for a 175A breaker
as well. If the box isn't big enough to hold all the batteries a second PSR
could be added next to it to give you the extra capacity. That might not be
too clunky (if there is space for a second box) and within code. Other ideas
out there?

Ryan

I'm trying to come up with a nice looking way to install the 175A
fuse/disconnect/whatever for an AEI MM5. The MM5 does not come with a
breaker like a Trace Power Panel, and I hate to add a Trace DC175 to the
install. It just will look clunky. Same goes for adding an Outback unit. I
could add the AEI battery box, which is where their breaker fits, but their
box will not fit all the batteries, so clunky again.

Does anyone else have a nicer/better solution?

Am I just making my life difficult?

Thanks, I'm ducking.

Jeff

- - - -