utility obfuscation and obstruction [RE-wrenches]

Matt Lafferty pvpro at attbi.com
Mon May 13 18:57:23 PDT 2002

Jeff / Wrenches:

It is right here, in the Net Metering Law, per Joel's post. Click the link
in Joel Davidson's previous post then scroll down.  (Please ignore my
some confusion going on between the ears regarding <10kW and >30kW)

>From the Law:

(f) A solar or wind turbine electrical generating system, or a
hybrid system of both, used by an eligible customer-generator shall
meet all applicable safety and performance standards established by
the National Electrical Code, the Institute of Electrical and
Electronics Engineers, and accredited testing laboratories such as
Underwriters Laboratories and, where applicable, rules of the Public
Utilities Commission regarding safety and reliability.  A
customer-generator whose solar or wind turbine electrical generating
system, or a hybrid system of both, meets those standards and rules
shall not be required to install additional controls, perform or pay
for additional tests, or purchase additional liability insurance.

All:

This Statute provides for Net Metering in California on Residential and
Small Commercial, (less than 10 kW) accounts only.  Be careful above 10kW!

-Matt Lafferty
pvpro at attbi.com

Jeff Oldham wrote:

> Does anyone know the real deal in regards to this insurance issue for both
> residential and commercial customers? I have written "demands" from PG&E
for
> both customer classes. This great Wrenches group usually clears the fog,
> this time it is moving in fast and giving me a bad hair day.
>
> Specific citations would be awesome!
>
> thanks for any help...
>
> -jeff

- - - -