utility obfuscation and obstruction [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Mon May 13 20:13:32 PDT 2002

Hey Jeff, from PG&E's own "E-Net site:
http://www.pge.com/gen/retail_gen_net_metering.shtml

One of the classics of legalese if there ever was:

"Proof of Insurance Coverage
You must have in force, and maintain for the duration of the agreement,
all risk property insurance and comprehensive personal liability
insurance in amounts no less that what you currently have in effect."

That is a direct cut and paste, you can't make up stuff that good.
As to who's required to do what, here's another cut and paste from the
same PG&E page:

"E-NET Eligibility
The passage of California State Assembly Bill 29X on April 11, 2001 has
temporarily expanded the eligible customer classes for service under
ENET. This new law states that until December 31, 2002, any residential,
commercial, industrial or agricultural customer who installs PV solar
generation, wind generation, or hybrids of both with capacity of 1MW or
less is potentially eligible for E-NET. After December 31, 2002, E-NET
will again only be open to residential or small commercial customers
with loads of 20kW or less, who install solar and/or wind systems with a
capacity of 10kW or less."

That seems pretty clear. Direct the PG&E honchos to their own site. Read
it and weep.

Cheers,
Doug Pratt