A Wrench sees the "gas" light!! [RE-wrenches]

mrousso at urbanrefuge.com mrousso at urbanrefuge.com
Wed May 8 20:33:37 PDT 2002

Apologies to Joel for being the "subject" line.

Lawrence,

I do not advocate rolling over and playing dead with
re to H2.  Personally, I'm heavily invested in a
number of FC companies because I do see them as being
an integral part of our energy future.  What I do not
subscribe to is extracting H2 from hydrocarbon fuels,
where a lot of commercial emphasis is currently
placed.  It does little to exacerbate our reliance on
fossil fuels and still produces greenhouse gases.  I
DO want to see PEM FCs advanced, as well as PV used as
an electrolyzer.

However, if I'm pressed to position my business and my
energy needs towards a specific technology (or suite
of technologies) over the next 5 years, fossil
fuel-based FCs are not in my personal mix, but PV and
EV/hybrids are.

Once we get some real commercial momentum behind RE
type FCs (i.e. automotive and petroleum monies), I
believe that we will begin to see some significant
development in wide-spread applicability of these
technologies.

In the mean time, I will support the development of
these RE friendly FCs the best way I can, with my
support of companies who are moving the technologies
forward, through my education in this area and sharing
my learning with others, and by trying to influence
political bodies to support alternative energy
technologies.  My personal war chest won't allow much
more.

However, I do have a vision of using H2 in lieu of
batteries (sure beats ceramic flywheels, in my
opinion) with a distribution system as ubiquitous as
soda pop vending machines.  A pop top can of H2 anybody?

=====
Mo Rousso
Urban Refuge, Inc.
760.451.9374 (v) 760.451.9784 (f)