Insurance problem [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon Apr 1 09:51:22 PST 2002

Bob,
    We live off-grid, as does most of our customer base, of course. It's
just never been a problem here that we have encountered. I called my
homeowners' agent to see if I could gather some tips for you, but she had no
specific advice. She said it probably varied from state to state; she had
several clients with solar power, and had no particular experience of it
affecting insurability or claims history one way or another. It was probably
a mistake for the customer to have called attention to it. Once again, we're
cultural educators for the great unwashed masses...
Sorry I can't be more help.
Allan @ Positive Energy