Seeking opinions on the best solar trade association to become affiliated wi

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Wed Apr 3 08:45:21 PST 2002

Baran Galocy wrote:

I would like to support the solar industry, and I can only spread my money so thin.  Which affiliation is doing the most to promote solar (pv), who offers their members the most (services, referrals, prestige, etc) for their money, etc?

Greetings Baran,

I would sugest trying to keep it local as much as possible and closer to the source.  Wisconsin, for instance, has groups like the MREA, ReNew and Citizen's Utility Board.  They are working on issues that are of greater concern to local RE businesses (and it really all happens locally).  IPP is also an organization working on issues that are local, or close to home from an industry issues perspective, and I would support them over something like ASEAs (American Solar Energy Association), which seems to do little more than take your money and send you a magazine.  Don might want to jump in here to inform us all about IPP memberships (and the ASEAs folks are welcome to jump in as well).

Kurt Nelson

http://mail2web.com/ .

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com