Tracker musings (was efficiencies - generalized) [RE-wrenches] [RE-wrenche

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Fri Mar 22 10:37:30 PST 2002

I've been living with 3 Zomeworks trackers in my front hard since 1991.
Maintenance consists of getting out a step ladder and grease gun once a year
to grease the 2 pillow block bearings. I need to mention that I live at
6,000 Ft. in the Sierra Nevada Mountains just north of Truckee Ca & Lake
Tahoe. The most snow they've seen in 48 hours; 6 Ft.. I use a snow rake to
clear them off in the AM. Winds are strong here as I have a view of the
Sierra crest in the Southwest. 2 trackers have 8 M75s each & the third has
14 Siemens M75s. These are the factory welded models with original shocks &
early morning wake up fins. Very little flutter & as they are slow to wake
up in the winter as others have mentioned: I feel that a fixed rack would
not improve winter time performance. My most recent addition (last fall) is
the UTRF-120. The wake up is mounted below the rack & is very responsive,
twice as fast as the old ones. The high winds don't throw it around with the
High Wind Upgrade Kit. I have 12 Siemens SR100s on it. It comes with sealed
bearings to reduce maintenance, so far zero maintenance.

Chris Worcester
www.solarwindworks.com
Toll Free: 877-682-4503 Fax: 530-582-4603
"Proven energy solutions"

Chris Worcester
www.solarwindworks.com
Toll Free: 877-682-4503 Fax: 530-582-4603
"Proven energy solutions"

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm