Anemometer Options [RE-wrenches]

David Blittersdorf davidb at nrgsystems.com
Mon Feb 18 14:01:59 PST 2002

Question for Logan,

I have a Gridtek inverter on my 10kw and was having problems with bus overvoltage
faults. I talked with Ken Craig at Bergey and he suggested that there were problems
with high voltage on the utility side that causes these problems. I have 244 -248 VAC on
my AC side most of the time. It goes higher at night with lightly loaded distribution lines.
I added a buck/boost transformer (500 watt, 12-24/120-240) and lowered the voltage to
the inverter by 12 volts and now it doesn't trip offline. I reset my inverter 6 times one
night between 1 and 6 am and I was really annoyed and grumpy the next day and
wanted it fixed.

Is this the types of problems you were having?

David

On 18 Feb 2002 at 10:56, John Raynes wrote:
>  >We have used Onset's Hobo loggers to troubleshoot Trace Gridtek-10
> inverters with great results.

> Hey Logan,  What types of sensors or inputs were you monitoring with the
> Hobo when you were troubleshooting the Gridtek units?  I'm curious.
David Blittersdorf
NRG Systems, Inc.
110 Commerce Street
Hinesburg, VT 05461 USA