Roof mounting [RE-wrenches]

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Tue Jan 15 10:28:11 PST 2002

Dan wrote:

1) I cannot pierce the roof- flat roof
2) Cannot use a tray mount system, because the contractor cannot access the
roof area in case of future repairs
3) Mounting has to have the ability to easily apply a new roof in the future
without moving the structure.
4) Has to be approved by a structural engineer (I guess from the school)
Recommendations?

Hi Dan,

#1 sounds reasonable, #2 is very limiting, as the tray mounts seem to be the
way to go on flat roofs, #3 now the roofer is starting to get unreasonable.
Have you considered a trellis? The limitation of not moving the structure to
do roof repairs is not feasible with the system on the roof. If the college
would do an estimate on the expense of a trellis over the roof compared to
an estimate of moving the system for roof maintenance every ten years or so
then the roofer might not get his way on that issue.

Sincerely,

Chris Worcester
www.solarwindworks.com
Toll Free: 877-682-4503 Fax:530-582-4603
"Proven energy solutions"

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm