DC GFCI [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Fri Jan 11 15:48:10 PST 2002

Exactly Drake, that's what I'm talking about!

Others please draw the line diagram out, but really it's so basic you don't
need to. You 'd better not anyway.  Lets make it really simple since I'm not
on any code committees.  Compare it to a light switch where you are pulling
a switch leg from the fixture.  If you turn the switch off does that make it
safe to cut through the wire coming from the light fixture?

Travis
----------
>From: Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy <solar at eagle-access.net>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: RE: DC GFCI [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Fri, Jan 11, 2002, 5:30 PM
>

>The ground fault detector is near the batteries not the array.  In the
>event of a nail through a cable, shorting positive to ground, wouldn't the
>circuit from the array continue to short even if the device were tripped?
>
>Drake

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm