Bonehead HV Installation (Formerly NABCEP and the Karma Chameleon) [RE-wre

Matt Lafferty pvpro at attbi.com
Sat Dec 21 11:01:11 PST 2002

Marco, you silly Low Voltage guy, you....

>  waiting for a bonehead high voltage installation causing a house fire or
worse?

The biggest fire blamed on Solar that I know of was off-grid.  Low voltage.

3,127 Acres. 13 Houses Destroyed, 4 Damaged.  6 Mobile Homes Destroyed. 14
Trailers Destroyed (What's the difference?).  2 Other Dwellings Destroyed.
(From San Jose Mercury News article, October 2, 2002)

Which one of us boneheads caused that?

Just a poke in the ribs, but serious nonetheless.

ALL installations require safety, knowledge and integrity.

Pray for Sun without Fire!  That doesn't make sense, does it....hmmmm.  I
got it.

Pray for The Sun's Fire, without SMOKE!  (Of the Forest Fire type,
anyway....)

-Matt Lafferty
pvpro at attbi.com

PS:  Links are below.  If they don't come through (snipped by Topica), I can
send them off-list.  There's lots on this one....Google, Croy Fire.

http://www.bayinsider.com/partners/ktvu/news/2002/10/29_croy.html

http://www.fire.ca.gov/cdf/incidents/Croy%20Fire_76/incident_info.html

http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/1718667/detail.html

- - - -