NABCEP and the Karma Chameleon [RE-wrenches]

Mangelsdorf, Marco mmangelsdorf at hei.com
Sat Dec 21 09:02:05 PST 2002

	"I know there are installers in my area that hold no license.  I don't

	know how they get this past the state.  I do believe they are doing the

	customer a disservice and putting the customer's rebate in jeopardy.

	Since I went to the trouble to obtain a license, pay worker's comp, hold

	insurance and bonding, I feel that to compete against those that shirk

	these responsibilities is unfair.  I've been sorely tempted to report the

	offending parties, but have held off, probably for the only reason that I

	don't want to reap bad karma.

	William Miller"

	--Do it, William, do it.  Report the offending parties.  "Reap bad karma"?  I don't think so.  Why should those who skirt the laws and regs which you and other Wrenches abide by get off so easy?  If the CEC has reasons to believe that their generous buy-down program are being abused, they're likely to tighten up their requirements, right?  In fact, they're doing that right now.   Like Rod Serling in "The Twilight Zone" used to say: imagine yourself sitting down with your morning cup of coffee (or caffeine-free herbal tea) and Wall Street Journal (or other favorite paper) and reading the headline--"CEC Stops Popular Solar Program Due To Fraud."  Not only is your day ruined, but you've entered the Twilight of the Solar Subsidies Zone...

	I think Bill B. is right.  All the substandard PV installations in CA. are going to catch up with the industry sooner rather than later.  It's up to those of us playing by the rules to help police our industry.  Isn't it better to do that now rather than waiting for a bonehead high voltage installation causing a house fire or worse?

	Rant off

	marco, proVision technologies, Hilo, land of Aloha

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com