thermomax vs flat plates [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Fri Oct 18 09:42:01 PDT 2002

Brad wrote:  "just turn it over to someone experienced in solar heating"

Max, this is great advice.  There are a few long standing solar thermal
companies that serve Orange County that have the experience to help your
customer with the thermal portion of the overall solar project.  CALSEIA
has a list of members in California (you should join) www.calseia.org.
(Pat Redgate at AMECO Solar in Long Beach would be my choice)

Sizing a solar space heating system for southern California can be
challenging.  Typically the only time the home needs heat is when it is
raining and cloudy.  Sizing enough storage and collection equipment to
provide ample heat under these conditions leaves the customer with
excess heat for the other nine months of the year.  Systems that are
oversized and overheat have overall decreased longevity and premature
failure of components subjected to these stresses.  Glazed panels with a
several 120 gallon storage tanks and a heat exchanger to dump the
non-winter heat into the pool is probably a good option?

Graham

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm