Power Plant Liability Insurance [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Wed Oct 2 11:17:46 PDT 2002

At 10:11 AM 10/2/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Insurance-relative article from this morning's SF Chronicle. (Solar and
crank lab, in the same paragraph!!!!!)

>Solar power setup may have sparked Croy Fire

Pals:

This ties in with the "Quandry" thread.  Now, I imagine the electrician
that wired the meth lab may not have been a member of this list and may not
even be licensed.  Say, hypothetically, I had been elected or had
volunteered to make a field trip to the customer in Yosemite with the
blessing, as unofficial as it may be, from the Wrenches list.  How does
anyone on this list know I am qualified or licensed to do any of the work
or consulting required?

I am not normally in favor of government licensing or intervention, but I
do know about some pretty scary work I've seen in my own area, and I'd like
to see the substandard work stopped. I will be reviewing previous Wrenches
posts about certification and throwing my support behind any sensible
proposals to that end.

(I do favor a requirement that all solar electrical contractors have a
contractors license.  It is one way to protect the consumer.  Should that
be a requirement for all installing members of the Wrenches list?  Flame
shields up!!!!)

William Miller

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com