Quandry(was Help needed in Tuolumne County) [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Mon Sep 30 20:13:54 PDT 2002

Bob-O,

I talked with the owner of the system in question today. Turns out she
bought the equipment from one of my least favorite outlets. Not to mention
names but think Diesels from China.

These guys advertise themselves as "experts" in the solar energy field and,
literally, don't know anything more than what's in the advertising
literature. When she asked them to help they directed her to Trace. How
typical. She was never aware that the SW's have internal battery chargers
and has been running for a couple of years with an external charger! Also,
they were recently sold a 10 kW generator which is somehow trying to charge
a large, new battery bank. The previous one gave up after only 2+ years of
mis-treatment.

She also mentioned that the sparky who installed the system told her he
didn't know what he was doing.
Pretty amazing.

Matt