Wattsun AZ-300 [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Wed Sep 18 09:44:18 PDT 2002

William & Jeff,

Array Technologies is now replacing the original crappy little motors with
New and Improved little motors which, they claim, is a permanent fix. I have
had similar problems but have kept at it regardless of how many trips it
takes or how irritating it might be. Anyone who has ever been involved in
manufacturing can tell you (that includes me) that everyone in the supply
chain is at the mercy of the supplier of even the most obscure component in
whatever it is you build. If Wattsun gets a part they believe to be good,
but isn't, they get trashed for building a bad product, which they don't.

Since we are where the rubber meets the road in this business, I believe
that we have an obligation to help our OEM suppliers produce a better
product by giving them all the constructive feed-back we can. We are not
simply retailers selling widgets to end-users. We represent the entire
industry de facto because we also install and service what we sell. As we
all know only too well, if something we install has a problem, we invariably
get the blame. Just like Wattsun.

I stopped selling Zomeworks years ago (3 actually) because of their poor
quality control, slow morning return and wind-related poor performance
factors (not to mention their weight). I hear that they have the bugs worked
out now, which they should, after all the years of problems they had!
Compared to the incredibly slow response of Zomeworks to their problems,
Wattsun is a poster child of responsiveness!.

Matt