Wattsun AZ-300 [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Wed Sep 18 00:46:25 PDT 2002

Jeff:

I doubt the problems are lightning related, fortunately we have very little
lightning in our area.

I have installed only half a dozen watsuns because of controller problems,
but I've repaired several installed by others.  Wattsun is usually quick to
offer free repair, but I have to drive to the site, remove the controller,
park it in a south orientation, ship the controller and then reinstall it.

On my first job with Wattsun trackers, (4 of them), we replaced them so
many times, the homeowner eventually taught himself how to remove and
replace them, and after a while, Wattsun stopped returning his calls.
Eventually the actuator arms failed, and they are now fixed arrays.  All in
all, a big bummer.  We now install only Zomeworks, with good success.
Fortunately the vendor I usually work with (Pacific Energy of San Luis
Obispo) can get either brand, so our customers do have a choice.

William Miller

http://www.ecovillage.org

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm