Not ready for prime time (was: ETA Pumps) [RE-wrenches]

Ian Woofenden, Home Power ian.woofenden at homepower.com
Sun Aug 18 13:18:36 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>

Hi Larry and wrenches,

>  > Have you ever actually been compensated for time and mileage related to
>>  equipment snafus? I haven't ever in 20 + years in this business!
>>
>  > Matt
>
>This is one issue that really "burns my butt", destroys profit and
>kills incentive.
>I have yet to have a new or fairly new product fail because of a
>defective component such as FET or diode, cap etc. I could accept this.
>It has always been due to what I call "not ready for prime time
>products"

<snip>

>I presented them with a bill for $550.00.
>They did pay it but Trace had a black eye in my mind and the customers.

Maybe this should be standard operating procedure for RE wrenches --
send a bill to the manufacturer and distributor every time you have
to deal with a defective product. You might get some compensation
occasionally, but even if they don't pay, perhaps they'll start
getting the message that you're tired of doing their beta testing for
them at your own expense...

Ian

--
Ian Woofenden <ian.woofenden at homepower.com>, Fax: 360-293-7034
Senior Editor, Home Power magazine, The Hands-On Journal Of Home-Made Power

800-707-6585 (US), 541-512-0220, or download current issue at
<http://www.homepower.com>

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm