AES MM500 [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Sun Aug 18 09:52:41 PDT 2002

William,

I have several Advanced Energy inverters out there (all 1000 Watt versions)
and working. Now.

I had lot's of trouble with one in particular. Had to engage in a couple of
cell phone calls (LONG) to New Hampshire to work out the problems. To
trouble-shoot these things you have to get a hold of their diagnostic
readout tool (which is very expensive) as the inverters have no LCD readout
of their own.

I had to have them replace this inverter TWICE! That's two inverters DOA.
They were very helpful over the phone, but who pays for all the lost time
and bad reputation of PV that this kind of thing generates?
That customer has nothing good to say about solar exactly because of AE
inverters.

On the other hand, the others have worked flawlessly and up to specs from
the get-go. I believe them to be a good lowvoltage alternative for Sunny
Boys.

Matt

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com