SunFrost RF19 freezer performance [RE-wrenches]

Bob Galbreath bg4gls at attbi.com
Mon Jul 15 09:46:49 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
Here's a semi-related, embarrassing, but perhaps educational, anecdote for you.

This weekend I found a Brand meter which I lost almost a year ago. I,
of course, found it just where I had left it; behind my home
refrigerator, diligently recording the kw's these last 12 months.

The anecdotal result: The Energy Star label on the unit predicted it
would use 696 kwh in a year. The Brand meter is showing 172.1 kwh for
355 days of operation which puts it just a little higher than the
predicted performance of a Sun-Frost.

This is a 10-year old KitchenAid 15 cu. ft., frost-free,
refrigerator-only unit in a two-person, no-kids household in Southern
CA. Not a main-stream unit by any means but still interesting results
I think.

--
Bob Galbreath
Geo-Lite Systems