SunFrost RF19 freezer performance [RE-wrenches]

penobscotsolar at panax.com penobscotsolar at panax.com
Sun Jul 14 11:56:31 PDT 2002

We, too, have had similar experiences with a couple of SunFrosts (and
with Larry). My buddy, a reefer technician, recharged the two RF19's in
question and they have worked fine since. He said when a compressor runs
constantly it is often due to low levels of refrigerant. I'm fairly
ignorant on the workings of refrigerators, but it did work.
Daryl
Penobscot Solar Design

Doug Pratt wrote:
> Mark,
>
>   The RF19 freezer you describe below sounds like it has a problem.
> Unless you've got ambient temperatures in the 90s and higher, the RF19
> shouldn't have any big problem holding the freezer temp in the -10 to
> +10F range. I'd contact Larry at Sun Frost...and be prepared to be
> pushy. He doesn't easily admit there is ever *any* problem with his
> fridges.
> Good luck,
> Doug Pratt

- - - -