Battery types & distribution, over time [RE-wrenches]

Andrew Bortz solarman2 at attbi.com
Thu Jun 27 19:09:56 PDT 2002

Thanks John, Allen & Bob-O for your excellent responses.
Sorry to hear about the L16s, given that I've got some out there!

>"I set my bulk voltage set point higher than God intended it to be. Out,
damned sulfation, out!" >
Sez' he (Bob-O)!
So Bob-O, would you be suggesting that higher bulk voltages (15VDC per 12
volter perhaps?)
could substantially reduce the need for equalization?

>Since I also use Hydrocaps, frequent watering isn't needed for the first
five years or so until the Hcaps start to deplete.>
At ~$20? per year for Hydrocaps on an average battery bank that seems like a
decent investment, given the labor time involved in watering!

Andy B.