Wrenching in L.A. [RE-wrenches]

Brad Bassett bsbassett at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 20 21:26:24 PDT 2002

Graham,

I think your comparison is quite accurate, and it might be even more
cost effective when replacing electric hot water systems. I've promoted
solar hot water for years over PV in grid connected applications. Too
bad copper pipe is so rigid compared to copper wire!

Brad

Graham Owen wrote:

> I am considering adding a page to my website that hopefully convinces
> local potential customers to have a solar water heating system
> installed.  I want to do this in such a manner that I do not make
> disparaging remarks about PV.  I find installing PV to be much more
> fulfilling for many reasons than installing solar water heaters.  I just
>
> need to remain productive. Since 1982 I have installed over 700
> residential solar water-heating systems in L.A., and when I say, I mean
> I.  I personally drill and seal every hole in my customer’s roofs and my
>
> helpers help me complete the job.
>
> Here is the link to the page and there is no link to it from my web site
>
> (yet).
>
> http://www.solarexpert.com/solar-comparison.html
>
> I would truly appreciate any advice or suggestions.
>
> Graham Owen
> GO Solar

Brad Bassett
Schott Applied Power