Trace 4000 SW vs. 1HP 220v well pump [RE-wrenches]

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Fri Jun 14 08:20:33 PDT 2002

Hi Scott,

The Trace T240 doesn't have a good surge capacity and is continuous at 3900
W (last time I checked). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd consider
the OutBack X240 with the fan kit that boosts it's continuous rating to 6000
W. What is the surge on the OutBack, anyone know.

Sincerely,

Chris Worcester
www.solarwindworks.com
chris at solarwindworks.com
Toll Free: 877-682-4503 Fax: 530-582-4603
"Proven energy solutions"

Scott Suddreth wrote:

He tells me that the new pump is 220 volts and 1 hp. 350 feet deep (He is
trying to get me the exact specs) We have a Trace 4000 SW with 4 85 watt pv
panels already there. I was going to purchase the Trace 120-240 transformer
and wire it in with a transfer switch to a generator backup on the new well.

1) Can the Trace 4000SW start a pump of this size ok?  Mathematically it
seems to make sense but i'm not familiar with common 220 well pump surges at
startup. Only asking because we have been fooled in the past.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com