Trace 4000 SW vs. 1HP 220v well pump [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Fri Jun 14 12:58:32 PDT 2002

Chris Worcester wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> The Trace T240 doesn't have a good surge capacity and is continuous at 3900
> W (last time I checked). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd consider
> the OutBack X240 with the fan kit that boosts it's continuous rating to 6000
> W.

Hey Chris and all,

I haven't used Outbacks yet either, nostly cause I have just gotten used
to the T240 (change can be hard).  I have used the Trace T240 in
applications that were "close" and I turbo-charged them with a four inch
muffin fan to come on with the generator.  Such a fan can be mounted
inside the box at the right end blowing onto the transformer.  I
wouldn't imagine this would meet code, but I believe it works well and
is probably a good thing (cool is cool).

Kurt Nelson
SOLutions

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com