Trace 4000 SW vs. 1HP 220v well pump [RE-wrenches]

Frank Fowler, Crystal Pines Alt. Energy cpae1 at aol.com
Fri Jun 14 07:54:26 PDT 2002

In a message dated 6/13/2002 9:47:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
grateful at boone.net writes:

> 1) Can the Trace 4000SW start a pump of this size ok?  Mathematically it
> seems to make sense but i'm not familiar with common 220 well pump surges
> at startup. Only asking because we have been fooled in the past.

We have a customer with a 1hp. Grunfos pump at 450' that starts and runs well
using a DR-3624 and 5kva transformer, but you must take into account that the
DR-3624 surges to 100 amps, the SW-4024 only to 78 amps. Be sure that the
pump you are using does not exceed the capability of the SW.
SUNcerely,
Frank Fowler
Crystal Pines Alternative Energy
4408 Pine Cluster Ln. Yankee Hill, CA. 95965
Tel: 530-532-1972
Fax: 530-532-1359
www.solarenergy-alt.com
"Living with the products we market, install, & service"

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

This email was sent to: michael.welch at homepower.com