CA C-46 License reworking [RE-wrenches]

graham at solarexpert.com graham at solarexpert.com
Fri May 10 20:52:27 PDT 2002

Bob-O,

I need to add to my last posting.  I think C46’s should be grandfathered
into being able to contract PV installations.  The next C46 exam will
contain detailed questioning about PV.  There had not been a market for
PV in Los Angeles until last year.  Most of the established C46 solar
thermal contractors do good work, care about our industry, love solar
power and are willing to learn how to properly install solar energy
systems in current demand.  I forgot to mention that I fully agree that
C10 contractors should be installing PV.  Eventually there may be a new
license classification for PV contracting, in which C10’s and C46’s will
both be grandfathered into.  With the recent drastic increase in
requests for installations our industry needs as many capable hands in
the field as possible.

Graham

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com