Combiner boxes - Connect Energy [RE-wrenches]

Matt Lafferty pvpro at attbi.com
Mon Apr 29 21:26:55 PDT 2002

Wrenches:

Allen Wrote:
>Some nice high voltage stuff, but spendy.
> So what happened to Pulse? Who is Connect Energy, and why are they .org,
not
> .com?

I don't know about the .org versus .com.  I could guess that the .com was
already taken.

I had a "sit-down" with a Connect Energy rep a couple of weeks ago & shared
my thoughts. (Not ALL my thoughts, funny to those of you who know me) lol

My understanding is that a couple of the Pulse people are involved but, for
whatever reason(s), that isn't one of their marketing points (Correct me if
I'm wrong Brian W).

They appear to have a new approach to the Combiner/Disconnect needs of the
Industry.  They aren't far off, in my opinion, especially with high volt DC.
There are a number of code related issues that their products address and
they appear to be put together in a quality manner.  I stated my thoughts,
like I said, in the effort to stress user-friendliness and versatility.  I
think that, if they put together the product I described, we will all
benefit.

Anyone who has really taken the time to think about that application
understands there are a lot of possibilities and combinations, not to
mention the ramifications of getting it UL'd and marketed.  What we all
really need is a UL Listed piece of equipment that "does the job".

These guys are in my backyard (not that it gives them anymore credibility)
and I hope to hear back soon what they have come up with from my input.
(Brian W....Has Russ shown you what I came up with yet?)

Regarding the Xantrex TCB-10:  We got in 24 TCB-6's that nobody seems to
have ordered.  Still trying to get to the bottom of it.  (If you've ever
seen a bunch of SMUD Solar Guys scratch their heads at the same
time.....well, it's not a pretty sight.  Even if they aren't scratching
their heads!)

Best to all and.....

Keep looking for the answers!

-Matt Lafferty