furnace [RE-wrenches]

Peter Talmage ptalmage at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 22 09:46:13 PDT 2002

If I could continue the thread, can anyone offer
information on what LP
gas boiler's or hydronic heating systems that have
worked well in
off-grid heating?

Dear Kurt,

We have had good luck using a Polaris boiler/water
heater made be American Water Heater Co. for whole
house infloor or baseboard heating. This direct vent
boiler has an efficiency of 94% and delivers 94,000
Btu per hour. The venting and intake is done through
2" PVC pipe. The heater operates well on sinewave
inverters, (and I think with modified sinewave units),
and can be turned on and off with the AC supply. We
set up homes with multiple zones with a DC circulator
and swing check valve on each zone. We have a simple
DC relay  box that is controlled by line voltage
thermostats. When a zone calls for heat a relay turns
on the boiler and the appropriate circulator pump.  If
no heat is needed everything turns off and the
inverter can drop to idle.

Yours,  Peter Talmage         Talmage Solar Engineering

http://games.yahoo.com/

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm