furnace [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters remotech at taosnm.com
Tue Apr 23 01:27:54 PDT 2002

>We have had good luck using a Polaris boiler/water
>heater made be American Water Heater Co. for whole
>house infloor or baseboard heating.
>2" PVC pipe. The heater operates well on sinewave
>inverters, (and I think with modified sinewave units),
>Yours,  Peter Talmage         Talmage Solar Engineering

As I understand the Polaris warranty, anything other than sinewave power
voids it. They don't like generator power ( beware SW owners with generator
backup) and they don't like modified sine. We ran one with an Exeltech
1100, no trouble except the phantom load because the plumber didn't want us
to shut power on and off to the unit. I recall it being around 20 watts.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com