How would you handle this situation? [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Apr 17 18:39:08 PDT 2002

Bob,
The Positive Energy crew and about 100 other dealers and wrenches from
around the country spent last weekend in a hotel ballroom at the Dankoff
dealer training. We were listening to inverter makers and other
manufacturers present new and upcoming products, and teach how to best
install and support existing products. Several observations:
1. The focus was technical, not sales, and was the best concentration of
useful and usable info that I have gotten at a single event in the RE field.
This was a very well-organized training.
2. I heard no lies or even major puffery about the products being presented.
3. John Wiles has softened a bit, at least in style.
4. My mind is well blown as I see how much this industry has changed in the
last few years.
5. We ain't seen nothin' yet. We will soon have plenty of competition in the
sinewave market.
6. Four manufacturers (SMA-America, AES, Outback, and Xantrex) discussed
their current and upcoming inverters.
7. Xantrex discussed the 3-phase unit and the Sun Tie XR (neither of which
we have used) but didn't mention any other products currently in
development. Talking with Pagan later, she said that Xantrex got got into
trouble by too much early marketing preceding too little product, or by
putting out product that didn't meet claims. She was adamant about not
repeating that. While the lack of new product offerings was conspicuous, it
was also honest and forthright. If the suits at Xantrex listen to her, the
lies are a thing of the past.
8. Regarding Joel's inquiry, I'd like to know how this resolves too. Please
let us know if/how it gets resolved, Joel. Thanks.
Allan at Positive Energy