How would you handle this situation? [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Wed Apr 17 14:41:37 PDT 2002

Joel,

The manufacturer of the first set of inverters must be given a bonafide
chance to make the units work to within their published specs. If they
cannot, or will not, then you are within your rights to ask for a refund,
although some manufacturer's would insist on replacement, not refund.
(However, the second units must meet factory specs.)

We dealt with this a lot in commercial building design, fans, pumps,
chillers, not meeting spec. The manufacturer had to be given the chance,
sometimes protracted, to make it right. They almost always did, although
sometimes maiking it right to the published equipment spedc still did not
satisfy the owner.

So far as you, the salesperson/rep/engineer, you've got to support the
manufacturer, while also demanding of them that they do whatever is
necessary to meet their published data. Not a good money making
proposition, but your reputation is always worth it.

Jeff

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com