Propane solenoid question [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems ellison at gisco.net
Tue Jan 29 17:51:28 PST 2002

"We've seen one client rig a 110v gas solenoid to the AC output of the genny
itself.  If the genny shuts off it cuts off fuel flow."

How does he get the valve to open to start with? I doubt the genny would
produce enough at crank speeds to open the valve and let it run.

This interests me as I have a customer whose valve will flatten the starting
battery and he wants me to remote switch it into the camp so it can be
disabled.

thanks,
Bob

RE. Ellison