Roof mounting [RE-wrenches]

mrousso at urbanrefuge.com mrousso at urbanrefuge.com
Wed Jan 16 11:14:41 PST 2002

Totally agree!  In my life as a utility consultant for
17 years, I have dealt with many different types of
agencies/institutions with entrenched bureaucracies.
We developed an equation to keep us on track in
pushing projects through.  And this equation applies
to every stakeholder!

R=V*U*S/T

Where:
R=resistance to the project
V=clarity of the project vision (what's in it for me?)
U=urgency (why does it have to be done now?)
S=solution (does it make my life easier and do I have
to do anything?)
T=the time you're willing to put into proseletizing V,
U, and S.

Obviously, it is a very time consuming process and it
is key to identify all stakeholders and gatekeepers in
advance.  Otherwise, you get screwed along the way.

This is why anytime we are presented with the
opportunity to pursue an "institutional" project we
ask ourselves are the margins worth the pain!

Sorry to go off topic.

=====
Thanks!
Mo