DC GFCI [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Sat Jan 12 08:35:36 PST 2002

Oops, I should have drawn the diagram myself.  Maybe no one read my message.
 No one caught my flawed example so I'll tell on myself. I was thinking
about a 3 way switch which typically has a hot wire (commonly called the
traveler) everywhere in the circuit.

I do agree that it's important to stop the battery current from back feeding
the array wires should the C40 not electronically "trip".  I do have a hard
time believing the a C40 installed in a 48 volt system (voltages up to 60
commonly) could stop a 10,000 amp fault the batteries are capable of
delivering.

Travis

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm