Backup generators. [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Fri Nov 9 17:21:42 PST 2001

<x-flowed>
Jeff,
There seem to be two types of folks who have owned China Diesels.
Those that love them and those that hate them. Absolutely NO middle
ground at all! I even know a guy who loved the first one he bought
until he wore it out. The second was a turkey right out of the box.
QC is non-existent with those things. Don't make the mistake of
judging all diesel generators by those. There are some Excellent
diesel generators available and as others have pointed out, there is
just no comparison between diesel and propane when it comes to either
longevity or fuel consumption IF the genny is well matched to the
load. Diesels consistently run at less that 50% load will carbon up
and crap out in short order.
Bob-O

>We don't do much with diesel.  I had several clients that already purchased
>China Diesel units before I met them and they were the loudest piece of
>"---" I have ever seen.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm