SB 3048 half power in 48/24 mode [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Fri Nov 9 17:11:00 PST 2001

<x-flowed>
Lee,
Both the SB50 and the SB3048 controllers are current limited on the
OUTPUT-as you've just found out. Had you called Rick @ RV Power
Products or had a distributor who knew more about RE than buy
low-sell higher, you could have saved yourself some grief. I agree
that it's a crying shame that the 3048 won't give you 50A or so OUT @
24V. I've expressed this to Rick enough times that he doesn't want to
hear it anymore!! Be patient. There is a new kid on the block that
will have a 48V IN, 50A @ 24V OUT MPPT machine in under six months. I
know it doesn't help you in this situation, but....
Best, Bob-O

--
Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection
PO Box 203, Hornbrook, CA 96044