In floor heating with Aquastar water heater [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Mon Oct 29 17:05:57 PST 2001

Hi Bob,

Yes, they do have a unit for that.  R model I think but it's been a while.
Last I knew it had a standing pilot light but no electricity required.
Check out the Takagi for about the same money but does require electricity.
Light years ahead of Aquastar's stuff.  Check out www.cechot.com for info
about both.

It is mandatory that you use as large a storage tank as you can get.  You
might hear otherwise but you are setting yourself up for failure. A standard
80 gallon electric water heater would probably be fine.  Using a aquastat,
set the system up to pump something around 10 gpm through the Aquastar to
the tank.  When the heating zones call for heat they use a separate pump
through the tank only (not the Aqaustar) at ~2 gpm.

Pretty rough info I know but it should help you started.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Solar

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm